Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whyte Avenue Art Walk 2010

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I just participated in the Whyte Avenue Art Walk for the second year in a row and it was another amazing experience. It was great to see all of the new and familiar faces. I really enjoyed talking to you and I am so grateful for your support and the overwhelmingly positive response to my art. Your smiles, comments, and compliments made my day. It is such an incredible experience to watch people stop dead in their tracks when they see my art.

The ladies at Etzio Women's Clothing & Accessories (10338 82 Avenue NW) were wonderful hosts and I hope to be in front of their amazing store for years to come. If you don't shop there already you probably should. As they always do, The Paint Spot (10032 81 Avenue NW) put on another great event and proved why they are my first and only stop for art materials.

I am really proud of my art and am glad that you stopped by to see it. It really means a lot to me. I feel like I am on the right path and am exactly where I need and want to be and am well on my way to carving out my niche in the world of pop art. I will have everything posted online in the next few days. There is still work available and I welcome any and all inquiries.

Ok, ok, ok. I know. I know. I know. I finally get it. Stabbie (one of my characters) is your favorite. Well Stabbie appreciates your support and wants you to know that he's coming back next year in a BIG way.

Even though this years Art Walk has just ended I am already looking forward to the next one. I am excited to keep moving forward and making art. For next year you can expect to see more Rainbow inspired album covers, two new t-shirt designs (Stabbie & The Birdies), sticker packs, and new cards and magnets (The Ramones, Led Zeppelin, and Motley Crue). There will also be two new Rainbow Series... one will feature the Helmets of Star Wars and another series made especially for the Art Walk will be... you'll never guess... FLOWERS!

Keep tuned here for the latest news... maybe someone will book me for a show... That would be amazing... I can picture myself doing a giant Rainbow Beatles across 16 albums covers... It's going to be epic! (There is no show booked at the moment nor am I actively seeking one but I would love to do one. It would be a dream come true.)

Your support and love for my art means the world to me. See you in 12 months...

-Lon

No comments:

Post a Comment