Monday, November 8, 2010

Global Visions Film Festival

Hot off the heels of my showing at the Whyte Avenue Art Walk in July, I was approached by the good folks at Global Visions Film Festival to create a series of three images to be used for this year’s upcoming documentary film festival, REAL. LIFE. FILMS. They had seen my work in this years Art Walk booklet and felt that my street art inspired spray stencil aesthetic worked for the imagery that they were trying to create for this year’s fest. Working from photos, one image was used to capture each aspect of the film fest. REAL=Agrarian LIFE=Protest FILMS=Hope. I created all the images with multi layered stencils and spray paint on cardboard. You can expect to see the images on this year’s festival posters, programs, and website. The festival runs November 11-14. I really pushed myself on these and am really happy with how the stencils turned out. The feedback on them has been really great. You can find out more about the Global Visions Film Festival at http://www.globalvisionsfestival.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment