Wednesday, July 13, 2011

* ART WALK - THIS WEEKEND *

UPDATE: (July 18, 2011) A big thanks goes out to everybody who stopped by my spot in front of Etzio this weekend and said hello. I appreciated all the smiles, visits, lunches, slurpees, compliments, kind words and the new and old faces. It was great to visit with old friends and make some new ones. Your continued interest in my art means the world to me. If you were able to pick something up this weekend... THANK YOU! I really appreciate it. As always, a big THANK YOU goes out to my second in command my fiancee Megan, the Paint Spot for organizing a wonderful event and Etzio for being a wonderful host yet again. I look forward to being in front of their store once again. There is always art available, so just let me know what you are after. I love you.

-Lon


My favourite weekend of the year is upon us once again! That's right! It's time for the Whyte Avenue Art Walk! It starts on Friday July 15th and runs until Sunday July 17th from 10AM - 5PM each day. My wonderful fiancee Megan and I will be there for all three days rain or shine. If the weather is nice we may even stay out a bit later on the Friday and Saturday. On Sunday we are planning on packing it in a little earlier at about 3PM. I will have the same location as I did last year. I will be in front of Etzio Women's Clothing (10338 82 AVE NW). It is besides the Subway and Starbucks and across the street from the Princess Theatre.

I will be showcasing 14 new pieces from my Rainbow Series. This time I focused on some of the greatest album covers of all time. This turned out to be my strongest body of work to date and I am really proud of how they all turned out. They will be $100 each. Each piece is an original work of art done on a reclaimed album cover using a spray stencil, foil, and coloured markers. Each image will be in a original edition of 3. I will be showcasing the first editions and as those sell, I will make the second and third editions available to purchase.

If you are free I would love for you to come and take a look at my new pieces in person and to see what I've been up to for the last year. If you haven't been able to visit me at one of the monthly Handmade Mafia markets during the past year I will have all of those items for sale as well including my Stabbie & Stevens Stuffed Toys, Sticker Packs, Magnets, Greeting Card Packs and new for the Art Walk I will have Greeting Card Blind Packs. The Blind Packs will include 5 randomly inserted greeting cards, 5 envelopes and 5 seals for only $10. FUN!

I hope to see you at some point this weekend!

-Lon

No comments:

Post a Comment